|яωѕ»
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

An unfortunate newsletter

Go down 
+21
PianoMan
sevent7
BIRDY NUM NUMz
Comrade
rapt
FrantiC
IceAgeComing
nvr
TH3_GR33N_M4N
Opieo
Itchybro
yep ' DC
Horace
matrix
Saber
horny penguin
djtima
Dave_of_Defeat
sTraTeGy
Blackfox
Black Thunder
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Comrade

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-05-07

An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 6:11 am

Thanks Black Thunder... for getting the ideas for a new tournament going. It's no easy task, was close to working, and showed us that it can be done.

I think the idea of pools and a different map each week was a brilliant idea. The result being that teams must play a minimum amount of games consistently with breadth and depth to progress, and eventually reach the finals.

The idea isn't dead.... and I believe there's enough interest and capacity in the DOD:S community to make it happen. I'm willing to help, in what ever way I can; and I suspect I'm not the only one.

A place where like minded people could discuss things,share ideas,skills, and experience would be the logical start.

Cheers
Comrade
Back to top Go down
BIRDY NUM NUMz
Admin
BIRDY NUM NUMz

Female Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 6:22 am

Hey Thunder

Firstly, thanks for your efforts, you created an awesome tournament and everyone recognises all the effort you put in. To achieve what you did, you should be very proud of yourself.

I would just like to say that if people are willing to continue the competition (rather than see all your hard work go to waste) then you should really consider it. All this interest is a good thing.

We have the forum to keep the comp going, including posting matches / results / refs / game times etc. Perhaps use the forum rather than the http://www.dpck.net/rwswar site.??

Have you told the tournament sponsors yet? Perhaps all you would need to do is check if they would be happy to let it continue under new leadership / organisation and let a few key people know passwords to the server and such. I'm sure the existing refs etc will be willing to continue on?

The comp should really pretty much run itself from now on (bar changing the map each week, posting results etc) - it would only be the finals perhaps that would take a little more organisation?

I'm just asking you to think about it, maybe everyone could have a group discussion through xfire or msn to determine how keen everyone really is and decide from there?

That's my 10 cents worth anyway....just an idea.

Once again cheers for your effort.

Birdy

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

Male Number of posts : 594

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 7:04 am

Ok seeing that a lot of people are very interested in keeping it alive these are th positions that need to be filled.

Admin of server (Most likely Matrix will fill this job if interested)
Website admin
Forum admin
Demo's manager (one for Novacap stuff, one for STV or both)
Referee Organiser
Match points appointer/organiser

Thats all I can think about right now. I still wish to retain overall control of the tournament but not to the degree in which I had before.

The sponsor has not yet been contacted about any of this, I will remain the contact for the sponsor.

Discuss away Very Happy

Oh by the way any more flaming towards me will result in a forum ban, continue and you will find out how far I am willing to go.
Back to top Go down
Dave_of_Defeat

Dave_of_Defeat

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 7:13 am

Website/forum admin could definitely be bundled into one position.

I'm happy to organise referees and/or keep track of the scores.
Back to top Go down
TH3_GR33N_M4N

Male Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 7:16 am

i can help if needed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nvr

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 7:30 am

Count me in for admining or whatever.

Demos manager would be good, and I could do both easily.
Back to top Go down
matrix

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 7:50 am

im happy to admin server and can help more if needed
bye the way the server should be sweet now he found the problem source TV has been setup on a different server Very Happy.
so lets do it.
Back to top Go down
yep ' DC

yep ' DC

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2006-09-24

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 7:59 am

dont let green man help, hel end up stabbing every1
Back to top Go down
nvr

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 8:48 am

Yeah I can do more as well if needed, just get this shit up again!
Back to top Go down
Opieo
"Random Forum Whore"

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 9:32 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
Horace
"King of sarcasm"
Horace

Male Number of posts : 836
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 9:38 am

I can take over the full role you had bt, we need a neutral person to do this really.
Back to top Go down
sevent7

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 9:39 am

yea neutral to control but deligate all the jobs isnt bad no one person can fuck the system if its 5 or 6 ppl running from the community

more then happy to help in anyways i have a bit of time free
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 10:35 am

neutral person? Why so?
Back to top Go down
FrantiC
"Some Random"

Male Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2006-12-15

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 10:49 am

I can do something since you stole my role as sponser contact Sad
Back to top Go down
djtima

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-04-11

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 11:01 am

i can ref or manage refs if needed.
Back to top Go down
Horace
"King of sarcasm"
Horace

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 12:01 pm

FrantiC wrote:

Lol gutted.
Back to top Go down
PianoMan

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-04-21

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 1:08 pm

Do you realise how long it took me to arrange those 'LOL' signs in the form of a swastika?
Back to top Go down
"Happy with a little dot"

Male Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2006-11-15

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 7:23 pm

I feel your pain, I mean - I was making posts on this forum especially for this 'event'.

I feel like such an idiot now!
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 9:01 pm

FrantiC wrote:
You said it yourself that they werent convinced that the tournament was going ahead so I had to talk to them, plus I needed banners etc.
Back to top Go down
matrix

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 9:40 pm

so we have these jobs filled

Admin of server = matrix
Demo's manager = nvr
Referee Organiser = dave
Match points appointer/organis =dave

who is doing Website/ Forum admin

I think Dave could do the forum admin so he can enter scores and post times.i don't think we need to use the website.
so its back on ?..
Back to top Go down
Itchybro

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 10:37 pm

i'm happy to be forum admin if needed. Also, I could assist Dave in dispute management.
Back to top Go down
Dave_of_Defeat

Dave_of_Defeat

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2007 3:16 am

I think we need to move all Anzio fixtures to next week (obviously), but other than that, there's no reason we can't get this show on the road again.

I am not online on Tuesday or Thursday nights, so someone will need to help me with ref organisation on those nights, if it hasn't already been organised prior to the day.
Back to top Go down
FrantiC
"Some Random"

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2007 3:45 am

Black Thunder wrote:
FrantiC wrote:
You said it yourself that they werent convinced that the tournament was going ahead so I had to talk to them, plus I needed banners etc.

I can't be fucked looking for the entire chain of e-mails, But ya because we were taking ages to start it, Because I had originally said 1st march or whenever you told me to say. And yah..

I can be forum admin btw. I knew you were planning on asking me so il save you the time. XD
Back to top Go down
Horace
"King of sarcasm"
Horace

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2007 4:10 am

Lol..
I feel gutted i get over looked.
Back to top Go down
FrantiC
"Some Random"

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2007 4:19 am

Horace for forum admin ! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

An unfortunate newsletter
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next