|яωѕ»
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*

Go down 
+4
coach
TH3_GR33N_M4N
Dave_of_Defeat
Black Thunder
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

Male Number of posts : 594
Registration date : 2006-09-07

RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* Empty
PostSubject: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* EmptySat Apr 14, 2007 7:42 am

Hello everyone,

As you have read in the title the RWS Tournament recently received an overhaul in its format. No longer are we using the challenge function of this website which no doubt is for the better due to some bugs.

I have decided to have a fixed tournament, nine weeks altogether. The only thing fixed in this new tournament format are the maps and who each team plays. There will be two pools, pool A and pool B. The teams have been evenly split up and fairly.

The pools are as follows:

Pool A;

uR!
Veteran
w!c
[es.]
|SAW|
[TF]
UI
A$$

Pool B;

wu'
v3
Denial
INtense.Gaming
SAW Team 2
Rage
yep'
CuF

Currently who plays who hasn't been decided yet and will be sent out in another newsletter very soon, but once it has been decided the clans will be required to discuss with each other when the match will be played then reserve the time on this thread "Playing Times" https://rws-dod.editboard.com/General-Access-c1/DoDS-Tournament-f16/Playing-Times-t433.htm . Also in the next newsletter the map that will be played each week will be identified.

The teams in each pool will battle it out for the seven weeks and the top two from each pool will go into the finals. The week after of course will the semi finals and then the Grandfinal the next week.

Updated

For anti-cheating purposes all participating members will be required to download NovaCap (http://www.dpck.net/rwswar/novacap.zip) and use it for each match. Once the war.cfg has been executed all participating members in the match must press F9 to enable the recording and then press F9 at the end of the match (after the 40min) after the "gg" messages. They must name it "clan name" vs "clan name" for easy reference. Then email me at jakekusters@hotmail.com with the file.

I know this may be a MASSIVE change for some but I believe that this a good change. It is more organised and we are able to avoid the bugs in the website. Unfortunately because of this MASSIVE change I am forced to delay it for a week. I know that this is the third delay in the tournament but it is still a gohead whcih is obvious by the overhaul of the format.

I apologize for those eager to get started but once this new format is in place you wont regret having a meazley seven day delay (get in some more practice Razz).

Any questions, comments or suggestions please email me on jakekusters@hotmail.com

Regards
Black Thunder

Please check here regularly for updates

Last edited by on Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:05 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* EmptySat Apr 14, 2007 8:14 am

Also with emailing me the times at which you wish for the match to partake clans will also have to provide who will be participatin in the match.
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* EmptySat Apr 14, 2007 8:44 am

Feel free to post in this thread your comments.
Back to top Go down
Dave_of_Defeat

Dave_of_Defeat

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* EmptySun Apr 15, 2007 7:37 am

Just a suggestion re: submission of NovaCap demos - it might be better to have an email address made simply to receive the demos.

At least that way they are centralised and easily accessible, as opposed to people having to link you to their uploaded demos.

All else looks good. What maps for each week? When will we know the draw?
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* EmptySun Apr 15, 2007 10:22 am

Oh I misunderstood the suggestion, I will change it now.

You should know the maps for each week by Monday and possibly who verses who.
Back to top Go down
TH3_GR33N_M4N

Male Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Re: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 2:58 am

also aswell , knowing who will play on the night can be quite difficult to tell a week b4 the match, real life gets in the way and another person from the clan has to fill in, u know that sorta thing always happens , why cant we just play with our steamids posted in the team list , and the ref of the game take a screenshot of "status" in console and check the steamids ?
Back to top Go down
Dave_of_Defeat

Dave_of_Defeat

PostSubject: Re: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 3:24 am

I agree with that suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 4:08 am

I only want who is going to play at least 24hrs before the match.

In say week one I might say that [es] is versing veteran (not too sure if they are in the same pool or not but it is a hypothetical situation). Then those two clans will decide a time for that week making sure that someone hasnt already taken it and then at least a day before the match I receive an email from the leader or a member telling me who is playing.

I might send out a newsletter asking for steamids but it is quite a pain staking task as I have nowhere to record other than my PC.
Back to top Go down
TH3_GR33N_M4N

PostSubject: Re: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 4:14 am

why dont u change the web site to include ppls steamids in their profile and when the player is added their steam id shows up next to their name ! who ever dont have it entered in their profile , can mean their team will forfeit the game ! most ladders do this !
Back to top Go down
coach

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 4:14 am

STEAM ID's will stop slutting so I would recommend it. Otherwise if you are only using the game name it could be anybody. Also will a referee be at each match. If not, as there are some fairly new clans entered you might want to post how matches are run when on the server. Post a list of commands on how to start the match.

STEAM ID's could be entered in the Icq number section of each person's profile.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soldiersatwar.org.au
Dave_of_Defeat

Dave_of_Defeat

PostSubject: Re: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 7:39 am

Yeah, STEAM IDs through the website are a pretty common feature of online tournaments. OGN, GA and OSL have all used this feature.
Back to top Go down
Horace
"King of sarcasm"
Horace

Male Number of posts : 836
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 8:25 am

Well, it is alot harder than it seems, plus the template is quite hard to change Very Happy (i am a noob Razz)
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 9:41 am

A friend of mine who knows PHP and the rest had look at the website code and the first thing he wanted to do was murder the writer Razz

If we had written the website ourselves then we would probably get people to enter their steamid.

Thats a good idea Coach with the icq thing, I will have to do that.
Back to top Go down
"Happy with a little dot"

Male Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2006-11-15

PostSubject: Re: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 10:19 am

Horace, I suggest you stay away from those PHP people... they like to kill their own kind Sad

EDIT: I just noticed when you can tell I have posted in a thread - the border for avatars gets pushed out Razz

Oh and, nice work BT Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Horace
"King of sarcasm"
Horace

PostSubject: Re: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 8:44 pm

I was working on a simple php script...
Back to top Go down
matrix

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* EmptyMon Apr 16, 2007 9:51 pm

why not get all team leader to send the members steam id's to you and just put them on a web site I know it would be a pain in the ass but that would be the easiest way.then after the match the ref's could compare the screen shot to the web page of steam id's
Back to top Go down
Horace
"King of sarcasm"
Horace

PostSubject: Re: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* EmptyTue Apr 17, 2007 10:16 am

Yes that would be easier ^_^
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* EmptyTue Apr 17, 2007 11:52 am

Dont worry Horace, I can write the web page Razz
Back to top Go down
TH3_GR33N_M4N

PostSubject: Re: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* EmptyTue Apr 17, 2007 8:48 pm

that would be easier for u only Razz makes more work for the team leaders Razz heheh
Back to top Go down
Horace
"King of sarcasm"
Horace

PostSubject: Re: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 12:17 am

Black Thunder wrote:
Dont worry Horace, I can write the web page Razz

:O
He knows it?
Back to top Go down
Opieo
"Random Forum Whore"

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 12:19 am

Bluffing Smile
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* EmptyWed Apr 18, 2007 5:41 am

I do know some, plus a good friend of mine is quite good at website stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*   RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter* Empty

Back to top Go down

RWS Tournament gets an overhaul *newsletter*
Page 1 of 1