|яωѕ»
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.

Go down 
+7
Black Thunder
coach
fuck i'm dead
shellshock
Admin
Horace
Hitler's Cyanide Pills
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Hitler's Cyanide Pills

Hitler's Cyanide Pills

Male Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2006-11-29

RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. Empty
PostSubject: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptyThu Jan 25, 2007 2:42 pm

Alright, after quite alot of discussion about this server competition that may happen soon, I have decided to move this topic to the public section so other clans can read about updates and also apply.

These are our current server hosting preferences:

Black Thunder wrote:
The tournament server is hosted by Skankyflat.net, and will be monitored by our clan.
The tournament will be held in the off season of the GA tournament. We expect many participants in our tournament as a warmup for the GA tournament. We conduct regular matches against other clans and this will be how we will advertise the tournament, along with advertising it while playing in many servers. If we are able to get the amount of participants we want the tournament will run over a long period of time.

^^^ Some of what I would put.

Progress on our sponsorship: (w00t Thermaltake)

FrantiC wrote:
Ok. So I just got a reply from Thermaltake (actualy I lie, Its been sitting in my junk-mail for 2 days. Gay fucks at hotmail think its spam )

Anyways........

Hi John

Thank you for your support for Thermaltake products. This tournament sounds interesting. Who is hosting the server and how many participants are you guys expecting? We will need more details of the competition like duration, when, how you guys plan to get the participants and so on before we can decide if we sponsor.

cheers.

Francis

So.. Sound slightly interested. All I have to do is tell them what he's asking for.

Rules so far:

Player rules: -UPDATE- 6 People teams, maybe 8 people teams + as many reserves needed
Regional rules: Still mainly NZ clans, will see how many NZ clans apply for this.

Clans who have applied:

*v3

*Must apply in forums to verify entry.

And FOR THE LOVE OF GOD Horace, Opieo, or whoever, PLEASE don't spam pictures or whatever into this topic. I don't want to have most of these topics I create to be locked just for the sake of it.

Last edited by on Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Horace
"King of sarcasm"
Horace

Male Number of posts : 836
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptyThu Jan 25, 2007 9:23 pm

Dw i wont.

Also, i am going to teach myself php and get a fuctional ladder going like the ga website.

I just think that the skanky servers aren't the best to scrim on, as they provide alot of choke at times.
Back to top Go down
Admin

Admin

Male Number of posts : 776
Registration date : 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptyThu Jan 25, 2007 11:26 pm

The only issue with having NZ only theres like 2 clans....
Back to top Go down
https://rws-dod.editboard.com/
shellshock

shellshock

Male Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptyThu Jan 25, 2007 11:50 pm

No there is more Nz clans then that theres W!C 5DM and us i think?
Back to top Go down
fuck i'm dead

fuck i'm dead

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-01-09

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptyFri Jan 26, 2007 1:49 am

nz sucks
Back to top Go down
Hitler's Cyanide Pills

Hitler's Cyanide Pills

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptyFri Jan 26, 2007 3:11 am

Opieo wrote:

Well, we have w!c, sdm, v3, and possibly others. Thats not 2 now, is it? Razz
Back to top Go down
shellshock

shellshock

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptyFri Jan 26, 2007 4:30 am

If i can count proplery that is over 2 but if cant. I dont know
Back to top Go down
Admin

Admin

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptyFri Jan 26, 2007 5:02 am

The only NZ lead clans are 5D|v| and w!c
Back to top Go down
coach

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptySat Jan 27, 2007 1:50 am

|SAW| might be interested in your comp. Let us know more details as it comes to hand and then we will decide.

Back to top Go down
http://www.soldiersatwar.org.au
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

Male Number of posts : 594

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptySat Jan 27, 2007 3:05 am

Look if you want only NZ clans then you may as well cancel this tournament. Thermaltake want MANY people to play so they can advertise, how can they advertise with a maximum of 18?

I went to a hell of a lot of trouble to ask about 10 different clans. Many of them are interested.

I stress to people not to ask other clans about this, I have one single post that I give to everyone containing the info.

Hitler's Cyanide Pills wrote:
Opieo wrote:

Well, we have w!c, sdm, v3, and possibly others. Thats not 2 now, is it? Razz

No it isnt but that is the max you are getting with "NZ only".

I know you guys want one but after that reply from Thermaltake and my knowledge about the advertising business with 3/4 clans in the tournament we arent going to get enough people to convince a big time company to advertise their products 24 people.

We need the whole DoD:S community in on this one.

Last edited by on Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:18 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptySat Jan 27, 2007 3:25 am

Clans notified so far

v3 - In for it
w!c - In for it
SDM - In for it
|SAW|
-WAR-
Veterans
Tf - Maybe
A$$
[es]
Denial - In for it
[exr]
UI
Uprising - In for it
TOG - In for it
Any others?

Last edited by on Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hitler's Cyanide Pills

Hitler's Cyanide Pills

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptySat Jan 27, 2007 3:56 am

Ok, after what you have just said BT, i guess that we could incorporate some Aussie clans if we can't get many people
Back to top Go down
shellshock

shellshock

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptySat Jan 27, 2007 4:03 am

Hitler's Cyanide Pills wrote:
Ok, after what you have just said BT, i guess that we could incorporate some Aussie clans if we can't get many people
I reckon that would be a very good idea but if Thermaltake is a NZ Company they might not ship out to Australia witch means they wont need to avertise to Austrlians
Back to top Go down
shellshock

shellshock

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptySat Jan 27, 2007 4:06 am

I could also ask clans if they are intrested and re direct them to one of yous. Also if this Tourtament is going to go ahead i suggest you make another padge for just the Tourtament much easier.
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptySat Jan 27, 2007 4:36 am

Thermaltake is an Australian and NZ company. They also have locations throughout the world.

I have the list of clan names, I got them from Game arena
Back to top Go down
Admin

Admin

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptySat Jan 27, 2007 5:43 am

May i also suggest we do 8v8
Back to top Go down
Hitler's Cyanide Pills

Hitler's Cyanide Pills

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptySat Jan 27, 2007 5:47 am

8v8 should be fine. w!c wanted 12v12 but i think that might be a little too much
Back to top Go down
Admin

Admin

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptySat Jan 27, 2007 5:52 am

Yeah 12 v 12 is a tad too much and obatining a 24 player slot server may also be an issue Smile well as i see it carrying out another 6v6 ladder is just plauin and boring and bascially a rip off of GA and so i think whats the point..... And also i guess theres always a change to have like custom map rounds and so on Smile
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptySat Jan 27, 2007 5:55 am

Only problem being that we have to spec each match, one v3 members has been caught hacking. (I have seen the vid myself)

None of the clans so far have said no to 6 vs 6. Or it being a rip off of GA.

Last edited by on Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin

Admin

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptySat Jan 27, 2007 5:58 am

You can expand with an extra slot for source tv which allows real time spec
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptySat Jan 27, 2007 6:30 am

Remember that we have sponsors that think we have 6 vs 6.
Back to top Go down
BIRDY NUM NUMz
Admin
BIRDY NUM NUMz

Female Number of posts : 218

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptySat Jan 27, 2007 9:45 am

Good work thunder.
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptySat Jan 27, 2007 1:20 pm

Thankyou, lots more to go though Birdy.

My email to skankyflat

Hello
I am emailing you regarding possible sponsorship for a DoD:S tournament in the off season of the Game Arena tournament. So far I have talked to 13 clans regarding their interest in the idea. So far just under half the clans have responded and are interested in playing in the tournament. It will be hosted on our server and others if necessary. The server we currently run is a Skankyflat server. So far we have one other interested sponsor, Thermaltake. They will be providing prizes for the winning clan. We would like to know if you are interested in joining Thermaltake and providing a prize such as a DoD:S gaming server for 6 months.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Skankyflat's response to my email.

Hi Jake, We are more than happy to help out with community run leagues and ladders.We can happily provide you with a couple of tournament servers for use purely for the event. (must be passworded 24/7 though, and not open for non tournament play)We would also happily provide any web hosting and forum requirements for the event as well.We will look at prizes for clans too, come back to us with some more details on dates, time frames and clans likely to be involved, and then we will look at what we can do in the way of prizes.Skankyflat is proud to be associated with the Day of Defeat community, and we wish to make Skankyflat the one true home of the community.Anything that can be done to promote this is a good thing for both parties.
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptySat Jan 27, 2007 1:23 pm

Email from clan leader of Uprising

Yes, we are most definately interested. We can also assist you in running the tournament if you wish. Our members are very reliable, experienced and responsible for jobs such as Adminning and Referring. We will also be able to provide a server. Let me know Wink
Back to top Go down
Horace
"King of sarcasm"
Horace

Male Number of posts : 836
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. EmptySat Jan 27, 2007 1:46 pm

Skanky sounds intrested. :)

VF sound intrested as well, just get confirmation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.   RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc. Empty

Back to top Go down

RWS Clan Scrim Ladder Applications, Updates, etc.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next