|яωѕ»
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Harrington aka dod_bayeux

Go down 
+5
djtima
Dave_of_Defeat
nvr
Saber
IceAgeComing
9 posters
AuthorMessage
IceAgeComing

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-04-23

Harrington aka dod_bayeux Empty
PostSubject: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 12:13 pm

I know its a bit late, but the harrington remake came out today. I know i speak for a lot of people when i say that harrington was a great map in 1.3 and i'm sure it will be great in source. Could it be given a chance? maybe replacing one of the default maps... this comp seems to be leading the way with custom map trials.. so include harrington?

http://bauer.arcangels.eu/dod_bayeux_b1.rar
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Male Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 12:18 pm

Venteux_final out , dod_bayeux_b1 in plz
Back to top Go down
nvr

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 12:30 pm

+dod_bayeux
-dod_venteux
Back to top Go down
Dave_of_Defeat

Dave_of_Defeat

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 2:17 pm

I had a run-through on Venteux, and I get the feeling that it would be a bad war map. Probably a fun pub map if that's what you're in to, but it's completely unsuitable for warring.
Back to top Go down
djtima

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 10:31 pm

I support the change Venteux isn't verry good at all upon having a run arround on it.

dod_bayeux_b1 does look to be a great map.

you can have a look for your self here:

http://www.gotfrag.com/dods/forums/thread/280279/
Back to top Go down
Horace
"King of sarcasm"
Horace

Male Number of posts : 836
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 11:06 pm

gotfrag forums wrote:
ust to make things clear: I failed.

the problem: FramePerSecond

The thing is, most players play with dxlevel 90 (+ Shader: High): with this graphic settings the fps are 20-30
Unfortunately i always tested the map with dxlevel 81 (cause i also play with that dxlevel). Thats why i realised this error so late Sad

But i am not a person who just say: hey there is a problem, i can t finish it. You can test it yourself und you will agree with me that this map is unplayable because of the awful fps.

:S
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 11:27 pm

its fine

i tested it on shaders high and dx9

its the mapmakers video drivers that fail ok
Back to top Go down
FrantiC
"Some Random"

Male Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2006-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 3:43 am

rtv
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 4:17 am

agreed rtv
Back to top Go down
nvr

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 6:15 am

Make a vote of some kind.
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

Male Number of posts : 594
Registration date : 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 6:59 am

"dod_bayeux_b1 is a remake of the classic dod_harrington and its not a competitive map"
Back to top Go down
Dave_of_Defeat

Dave_of_Defeat

PostSubject: Re: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 7:08 am

That guy's English is totally borked; any remake of dod_harrington IS a competitive map, as Harrington was probably the most popular 1.3 war map behind Anzio.
Back to top Go down
FrantiC
"Some Random"

PostSubject: Re: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 9:47 am

An ok looking map, Only thing I have to say is it's got glitchy FPS and some areas drop FPS heaps, And the gate by Axis that opens / closes, if its open and you walk into it you get stuck and eventually trying to get unstuck crashes the game after a while... Suspect

Maybe its just my PC albino
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 11:41 am

Doesnt seem so, a lot of the people that commented had FPS issues.
Back to top Go down
yep ' DC

yep ' DC

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2006-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 11:51 am

BT check ur pms plz
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 12:19 pm

I would prefer if I didnt have posts like these:

Saber wrote:
Venteux_final out , dod_bayeux_b1 in plz

nvr wrote:
+dod_bayeux
-dod_venteux

I want why, not 'add this, get rid of this.' I will just assume that you havent played it or you just like this other map better beause you can.
Back to top Go down
Dave_of_Defeat

Dave_of_Defeat

PostSubject: Re: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux EmptyWed Apr 25, 2007 3:44 am

I have a 3.5 year old computer, and I get better frames on Bayeux than on Anzio bridge.
Back to top Go down
FrantiC
"Some Random"

PostSubject: Re: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux EmptyWed Apr 25, 2007 4:30 am

Mine has screwed up FPS every 1 second like stuttering. But meh, Not like I'm playing in this tournament.

And that thing with the gate, If its opened in-wards (like going into Axis spawn) and you walk into it the way it closes, It tries to close but your standing there and can't and thats when your screwed. I tried proning and jumping trying to get out but the game just crashed.

Bored ftw.
Back to top Go down
Dave_of_Defeat

Dave_of_Defeat

PostSubject: Re: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux EmptyWed Apr 25, 2007 5:30 am

FrantiC - try this: Go to your task manager, and, when you've loaded up Day of Defeat: Source, try setting hl2.exe's priority to "low".

It made my game run a lot better. You have to do that everytime you load the game up.
Back to top Go down
FrantiC
"Some Random"

PostSubject: Re: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux EmptyWed Apr 25, 2007 7:24 am

Nah doesn't help. I'm just thinking, This map may be real shit with novacap running too.. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dave_of_Defeat

Dave_of_Defeat

PostSubject: Re: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux EmptyWed Apr 25, 2007 7:33 am

NovaCap shouldn't make an impact on your framerate.

I used Octinium for a few games last season, and noticed no changes; again, my computer is bad, and I think that Octinium is slightly more of a resource hog than NovaCap.
Back to top Go down
Horace
"King of sarcasm"
Horace

Male Number of posts : 836
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux EmptyThu Apr 26, 2007 10:25 am

well whatever gets the job done i suppose...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harrington aka dod_bayeux   Harrington aka dod_bayeux Empty

Back to top Go down

Harrington aka dod_bayeux
Page 1 of 1