|яωѕ»
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

About the pools

Go down 
+8
PianoMan
djtima
matrix
coach
Black Thunder
TH3_GR33N_M4N
Dave_of_Defeat
Kel
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Kel

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-04-20

About the pools Empty
PostSubject: About the pools   About the pools EmptyFri Apr 20, 2007 6:56 am

I think iam a bit to late to show my concerns with the way you have set up these pools. But pool A and pool B is clearly not fair.
To have a fun and even comp you really need to put one or two of the better clans in the pool A and a few of the less better clans into pool B.
As far as i can see uR have a walk in the park with the teams they are facing.

I really think you should consider having a look after week 1 and see how ALL the clans go and then decide on the pools....

My opinion on the pools as far as i see the clans atm would be

Pool A
uR!
INtense.Gaming
v3
w!c
Veteran
SAW Team
A$$
UI

Pool B
SAW
wu'
Denial
[es.]
Terra Firma
`Yep
CuF
Rage
I think that would be a fair pool for all teams
Back to top Go down
Dave_of_Defeat

Dave_of_Defeat

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-04-12

About the pools Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the pools   About the pools EmptyFri Apr 20, 2007 7:31 am

I am inclined to agree, pool B is a far more balanced division. Pool A is just uprising and 7 teams who could come second at the moment.
Back to top Go down
TH3_GR33N_M4N

Male Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-03-21

About the pools Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the pools   About the pools EmptyFri Apr 20, 2007 8:45 am

we will give it a good go Razz heheh
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

Male Number of posts : 594
Registration date : 2006-09-07

About the pools Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the pools   About the pools EmptyFri Apr 20, 2007 9:29 am

*sigh*

All the clans were divided into skill level then mixed up.

Ones perceptions of how good a team is can be different to another. Your perception doesnt make you correct.

I also think you are all forgetting that the top two from both pools are going into the finals.

And tbh skill level shouldn't even play a part in how the tournament is run. You came in this tournament for one reason, to win the prizes and for the glory of it. You either have what it takes to win or you dont. If you cant beat the clans to get to the top then you dont have what it takes.

So to sum up if you cant beat the other clans to win then you wont win anyway.

And yes, it is too late.
Back to top Go down
Dave_of_Defeat

Dave_of_Defeat

About the pools Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the pools   About the pools EmptyFri Apr 20, 2007 10:23 am

I came into the competition because I like clan matches; I'm in ZR/wu and we're the seeded team in our division at any rate.

If we lose, fair cop - I couldn't care less and I'm sure the rest of the team feel that way, apart from itchy who considers losing a personal insult and will probably take it out on all of us with a beating the likes of which hasn't been seen since Adelaide lost 6-0 in last season's NSL final.

I was speaking in a general sense of even competition; I'm personally happy to be in the division that will have greater competition as it's more enjoyable that way, but I'm sure that there are teams that feel disadvantaged by the split.

At any rate, the more pressing matter is to have a good lift-off to the season next week.
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

Male Number of posts : 594
Registration date : 2006-09-07

About the pools Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the pools   About the pools EmptyFri Apr 20, 2007 12:21 pm

People have to think about this way. In order to win this tournament you are going to have to play clans that are possibly better than you. So no matter what pool you are in you are going to have to play the best or the better.
Back to top Go down
coach

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-01-27

About the pools Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the pools   About the pools EmptyFri Apr 20, 2007 1:58 pm

Quite easy really. For all the people that keep telling Thunder how to run his comp, run your own. Then see how many still come to you with their views that are different to you. Top 2 in each pool play the semi-finals so the best 2 teams will play in the eventual final so who really cares. These might come from one pool or one from each, time will tell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soldiersatwar.org.au
Dave_of_Defeat

Dave_of_Defeat

About the pools Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the pools   About the pools EmptyFri Apr 20, 2007 4:14 pm

coach wrote:
Quite easy really. For all the people that keep telling Thunder how to run his comp, run your own.

No one, in this thread or any other, has told Thunder how to run his competition. People have only made suggestions based on their experience.

As much as I admire Thunder's dedication, until recently, he didn't have the knowledge of things like cheat protection were are paramount to running an online competition. These, for people who have run competitions before are the absolute nuts and bolts of a competition. As I have said before, problems will always arise in competitions, and it pays to be prepared, otherwise the fizz can completely vanish and the competition can collapse as the final OGN seasons did in 1.3.

If this competition is to grow and indeed last, there must be a mutual relationship of learning and understanding between the people who have been there before and the people who are on their way there.
Back to top Go down
matrix

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-01-31

About the pools Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the pools   About the pools EmptyFri Apr 20, 2007 9:25 pm

at least pool b will be interesting.
and yeah v3 are here to win
Back to top Go down
djtima

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-04-11

About the pools Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the pools   About the pools EmptyFri Apr 20, 2007 11:45 pm

i don't think its a big issue.
the pools look ok to me.
get this comp go go going
Back to top Go down
PianoMan

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-04-21

About the pools Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the pools   About the pools EmptySat Apr 21, 2007 10:34 am

Would someone please put some more water in Kel's bowl...
Back to top Go down
Talorc

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-02-01

About the pools Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the pools   About the pools EmptySat Apr 21, 2007 11:36 am

you sign up to these forums for that pianoman?

She is just saying uR, as much as I hate to say it, will pwn all the teams in their div whereas pool B has probably 5 teams that could go 1st or 2nd. Her words "you should CONSIDER" & "My opinion" dont deserve personal attacks.

As far as I can see Coach, you, Dave and a few others have "offered your opinion = helped = told him how to run it" aswell.
Back to top Go down
PianoMan

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-04-21

About the pools Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the pools   About the pools EmptySat Apr 21, 2007 11:44 am

We don't need any more delays in this thing, no matter how 'biased' the groups are the best team is still going to win in the end.

Talorc wrote:
you sign up to these forums for that pianoman?

Yeah pretty much.
Back to top Go down
Horace
"King of sarcasm"
Horace

Male Number of posts : 836
Registration date : 2006-09-27

About the pools Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the pools   About the pools EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 2:29 am

Haha pianoman, legend Razz
Back to top Go down
rapt

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-05-04

About the pools Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the pools   About the pools EmptyFri May 04, 2007 6:55 am

So what if the pools are not fair. We a new clan and were surprised when we were placed up against some very good clans but who cares its a game just play it! Win or loose just have fun and do your best
Back to top Go down
Itchybro

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-02-02

About the pools Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the pools   About the pools EmptyFri May 04, 2007 8:12 am

lol...Dave..if we lose..its on your head ok...OK!

In all seriousness, I would much rather be in Pool B as it keeps you sharp playing better teams. I think Kel's suggestion is fair and with only a week into it, it wont be too hard to swap a clan that lost for a clan that lost too. (ie: V3 lost so take them from Pool B and put them into Pool A and vice versa with a team who lost in Pool A)

Anyway, RWS are doing a great job abd no-one is telling them how to run their competition, its just suggestions. They can take it or leave it.. its up to them. We are all keen and its great that people are making suggestions, means we actually take interest in it.

Keep up the good work

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

About the pools Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the pools   About the pools Empty

Back to top Go down

About the pools
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
|яωѕ» :: General Access :: DoD:S Tournament-
Jump to: