|яωѕ»
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

An unfortunate newsletter

Go down 
+21
PianoMan
sevent7
BIRDY NUM NUMz
Comrade
rapt
FrantiC
IceAgeComing
nvr
TH3_GR33N_M4N
Opieo
Itchybro
yep ' DC
Horace
matrix
Saber
horny penguin
djtima
Dave_of_Defeat
sTraTeGy
Blackfox
Black Thunder
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

Male Number of posts : 594
Registration date : 2006-09-07

An unfortunate newsletter Empty
PostSubject: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptySun May 06, 2007 1:30 pm

Hey everyone,

I am going to get straight to the point, this tournament has come to an end. This has happened for several reasions, some of which being inexperience, in-house problems and school.

I hate having to end it like this, I worked so hard to get it going but I still wasn't prepared enough. It has been a very hard task and I must commend anyone who runs a successful tournament, it is a difficult task.

But this hasn't detered me from possibly creating another tournament, not in the near future nor next year. With the knowledge I have now about running a tournament I will know to do things much more in advance, such as to write the rules in much more depth, create an automated website but in the same way it is organised now, more sponsors with greater prizes to be won and a more organised system of submitting demos if submitting of demos was required.

I have to say thankyou to many of the players in this tournament that have helped to secure the tournament a bit more, these are some but not all;

Coach from SAW
nvr from uR!
Matrix from v3
Talorc from Denial
BirdyNumNumz
Horace
Dave_of_Defeat
Hitlers Cyanide Pills (for the original idea)
All the referees
Participating clans

As many of you would know you have to set your priorities right, so in order to do this I had to drop this tournament so that I can focus on my last year of school. To be honest I dont know how I managed to keep it all going while doing school at the same time.

Refereeing myself I have seen some real skill out there, also potential clans to become skilled (CuF). I never knew there was this much interest in DoD:S, it really shows that DoD:S is still alive, evident by my tournament only having 16 clans and I know of more.

I am truly sorry it had to come to all this, it took me a good two days to decide what to do. This would explain my absense.

I hope that even though I made many contacts through this tournament that we remain in contact, it's good to talk to other gamers instead of just myself Razz.

Anyway I will see you guys/girls in DoD:S, have fun gaming!

Last edited by on Sun May 06, 2007 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blackfox

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-04-17

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptySun May 06, 2007 1:58 pm

1st reply.
Back to top Go down
sTraTeGy

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-04-09

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptySun May 06, 2007 1:59 pm

damn wasn't expecting that aye, bummer
but yer its understandable thunder, just somethings work n somethings dont u know..

mind u .. we're gon expect a very good tournament when the next rws ladder comes around Razz
Back to top Go down
Dave_of_Defeat

Dave_of_Defeat

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptySun May 06, 2007 2:07 pm

Perhaps pass the reins on to some other people who can each chip in to keep it going?

If not, that's a shame. Good luck with school.

Seems a bit of a waste to lose all this infrastructure and community hype is all.
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptySun May 06, 2007 2:16 pm

I should have enlisted help from other players but I didnt (well some but no enough obviously). To get people to help now would require loads of time for me to get them up to date.

I'd rather end the tournament now.
Back to top Go down
djtima

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-04-11

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptySun May 06, 2007 2:30 pm

Surely you can hand the leadership roll over to someone else. You've spent quite a while pullin the comp together don't make the time you spent become a complete waste of time.
Back to top Go down
horny penguin

horny penguin

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptySun May 06, 2007 3:00 pm

yeah continuation FTW
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Male Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptySun May 06, 2007 5:40 pm

bring on ga or gotgames comp
Back to top Go down
matrix

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptySun May 06, 2007 9:29 pm

well we still have the server and the sponsorship prizes don't we?
so what bout this a 1 night knockout or a Sunday afternoon ?
Back to top Go down
Horace
"King of sarcasm"
Horace

Male Number of posts : 836
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptySun May 06, 2007 10:16 pm

:O
Back to top Go down
yep ' DC

yep ' DC

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2006-09-24

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptySun May 06, 2007 10:30 pm

Gayballs
Back to top Go down
Itchybro

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptySun May 06, 2007 10:42 pm

very disappointing to say the least. I understand schooling is so much more important than games but you can ask for help! Nothing wrong with sending out your newsletter explaining your time constraints and schooling issues asking people to take on administration duties. IMO, its not too late to keep it going. There are people who would stick their hand up to offer myself included.

Have a good hard think
Back to top Go down
Opieo
"Random Forum Whore"

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptySun May 06, 2007 11:38 pm

Hmmm Well Ill be
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptyMon May 07, 2007 1:11 am

It's all manual, it is way to hard to do it that way. Too much stuff that people have to do themselves.
Back to top Go down
Itchybro

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptyMon May 07, 2007 3:11 am

so? People will get behind it and help finish the tournament.
Back to top Go down
TH3_GR33N_M4N

Male Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptyMon May 07, 2007 3:41 am

well since the tournament is dead , i declare W!C winners and i would like to claim the prizes now ! thnx thunder , talk to me on msn on details of where u can send the prizes . cheers
Back to top Go down
nvr

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptyMon May 07, 2007 3:48 am

Would you be willing to keep the tournament running if people were willing to help out / do all the work?
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptyMon May 07, 2007 4:17 am

I dont have the time.
Back to top Go down
Itchybro

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptyMon May 07, 2007 5:02 am

well......sigh. people are saying they will help continue the tournament and you wont have a bar of it. pretty shit IMO
Back to top Go down
IceAgeComing

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptyMon May 07, 2007 5:20 am

ahaha you shitcunt
Back to top Go down
IceAgeComing

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptyMon May 07, 2007 5:25 am

here's what i think is happening. Black Thunder is just going to email the sponsor and say rws won.. and take whatever there is. Fraud!
Back to top Go down
matrix

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptyMon May 07, 2007 5:25 am

since its all set-up I don't see the problem with getting help you wouldn't need to do a thing.all that is need is to record results easy as.I can takeover the admin side I have plenty of spare time.
Back to top Go down
FrantiC
"Some Random"

Male Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2006-12-15

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptyMon May 07, 2007 5:34 am

IceAgeComing wrote:
here's what i think is happening. Black Thunder is just going to email the sponsor and say rws won.. and take whatever there is. Fraud!

True, Because RWS was competing in the tournament?
Back to top Go down
rapt

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptyMon May 07, 2007 5:47 am

Thanks for the good comp Thunder you have done extremely well...From all the boys at Courage Under Fire we would like to say thanks for our first comp! You have done well guys and its been great!

Guys can we back off Thunder a bit...He did his best...Dont like it? Run your own damn comp and see how ya go ay?
Back to top Go down
Dave_of_Defeat

Dave_of_Defeat

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter EmptyMon May 07, 2007 5:52 am

You're right, he did do his best and it's a credit to him that he got the competition started and generated interest in the community.

It's just a shame to see everything that's been set up and is already in motion go to waste. There are at least five people who have put their hands up to help carry the competition on - it's a matter of setting up STV, having referees for games and recording scores.

I'm pretty sure that we can handle it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An unfortunate newsletter   An unfortunate newsletter Empty

Back to top Go down

An unfortunate newsletter
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next