|яωѕ»
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ausdod.com's questions

Go down 
+5
Horace
Black Thunder
nvr
FrantiC
Saber
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Male Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-03-20

ausdod.com's questions Empty
PostSubject: ausdod.com's questions   ausdod.com's questions EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 12:27 am

1. whats the official map rotation?, will it go well compare to most dods leagues?
2. what server network will be hosting this comp.
3. Will your be running Plugins such as Cone of Fire Mod, Pistols?
4. What anti-cheat measures will be taking in this comp.
5. Will there be HLTV Casting and Demo downloads after match?
6. Will comp rules be similar to gamespace and gamearena comps?
7. Will server handle 66tickrate scrims with any issues?
8. I heard rumours of prizes? what will they be?
9. Will there be shoutcasting with this comp while spectators are watching main event scrims.
10. What type of ladder is it?
Back to top Go down
FrantiC
"Some Random"

Male Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2006-12-15

PostSubject: Re: ausdod.com's questions   ausdod.com's questions EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 3:34 am

1. Maps-

Customs:
- Eisenbahn_b2
- Solitude_Comp
- Churchyard_b5
- Venteux_final

Standard Maps:
- Donner
- Avalanche
- Argentan
- Anzio

2. I think Matrix servers (or whatever theyre called).
3. Probably COF.
4. We spec. Any suspicious shit we will see it and yeah.
5. Hmm.
6. Well yeah pretty much.
7. Wouldn't have a clue.
8. Prizes are for first place winners, They are ThermalTake LanBoxes (silver). Retail in NZ for $299.
9. Don;t know.
10. Like the GA ladder or something.
Back to top Go down
nvr

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: ausdod.com's questions   ausdod.com's questions EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 8:52 am

You will have a fairly limited turnout if SourceTV and Cone-of-Fire mod are not included into your tournament. I would also look at some of the most recent custom map additions to the Gamearena ladder as the community has responded well so far, rather than use some of these random maps that most people have not heard of.

Another cool thing would be if you made it a double elimination / elimination tournament as ausdod already has a ladder.

Just something to look in to.
Back to top Go down
FrantiC
"Some Random"

Male Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2006-12-15

PostSubject: Re: ausdod.com's questions   ausdod.com's questions EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 9:26 am

*Waits for Black Thunder's response*
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

Male Number of posts : 594
Registration date : 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Re: ausdod.com's questions   ausdod.com's questions EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 9:37 am

I already have COF but I havent yet got SourceTV.

Waiting for the server basically to do these things.

I have no idea about this elimination thing.

I know people want familiar maps but wouldnt unfamiliar ones allow fair gameplay? If they were to be the same most clans that are in tournaments would already know them.
Back to top Go down
Horace
"King of sarcasm"
Horace

Male Number of posts : 836
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: ausdod.com's questions   ausdod.com's questions EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 3:48 pm

Source tv is just tv 1 or something...
Back to top Go down
Opieo
"Random Forum Whore"

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: ausdod.com's questions   ausdod.com's questions EmptyThu Mar 22, 2007 2:22 am

maps = poos kthx
Back to top Go down
Hitler's Cyanide Pills

Hitler's Cyanide Pills

Male Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2006-11-29

PostSubject: Re: ausdod.com's questions   ausdod.com's questions EmptyThu Mar 22, 2007 9:45 am

Lol, trying to regain your post count I see, Opieo...
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: ausdod.com's questions   ausdod.com's questions EmptyThu Mar 22, 2007 11:18 am

Yeah and if he keeps doing it I will have to do something about it.

I am not going to tolerate spam in the Tournament section of this forum.

Next I will delete it and if it continues I will go further than that.
Back to top Go down
nvr

PostSubject: Re: ausdod.com's questions   ausdod.com's questions EmptyFri Mar 23, 2007 3:26 am

STV command : "tv_enable 1"

And also, having random custom maps doesn't make it any more even, it just makes the teams that don't prac awful maps disadvantaged. OR alternatively, if you're talking about map bias (ie. axis more dominate on argentan etc.), then in the end it is even as both teams get an equal time at each side - Think of it as attacking/defending and chasing/defending.

You will probably lose teams that will have the most experience and the most to offer in helping you run your tournament if you add in random maps that they don't want to play. You'd probably be best to stick with the new GA maps for a successful tournament, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: ausdod.com's questions   ausdod.com's questions EmptyFri Mar 23, 2007 6:18 am

So far I have had 3 people out of approximately 47 people voice disatisfaction regarding the maps.

I dont see why we need the same maps as another tournament. You said that their maps are new "new GA maps" well then what makes my maps any different to theirs. Everyone had to adjust.

Coach suggested them to me and they are regarded as match suitable maps.
Back to top Go down
coach

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-01-27

PostSubject: Re: ausdod.com's questions   ausdod.com's questions EmptyFri Mar 23, 2007 7:00 am

As you said Thunder it is your tournament & you are doing all the work with your crew. Pick the maps you want. The clans will play if they are really interested. Some clans just want this as a warm-up for GA & thus want the GA maps. Hold strong, it is your tournament.

I know SAW prefer variety but that is obvious with us being a custom map server. I would prefer all customs myself. lol! There are so many good customs that would make good war maps. For example Donner gets done to death but there is a great mod of this called Thunder. cheers Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.soldiersatwar.org.au
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: ausdod.com's questions   ausdod.com's questions EmptyFri Mar 23, 2007 1:07 pm

Just to clarify I wasnt using you as an excuse Razz I just didnt want to show I pulled them out of my arse.
Back to top Go down
Sullo

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-03-22

PostSubject: Re: ausdod.com's questions   ausdod.com's questions EmptySat Mar 24, 2007 1:25 am

Actually Coach, there are only 3 orignial maps in GA S3, Donner, Arg, Anzio. The rest are custom maps, and people are trying to get Thunder put in as well as its Donner from 1.3.
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

PostSubject: Re: ausdod.com's questions   ausdod.com's questions EmptySat Mar 24, 2007 4:29 am

I might put Thunder in as a replacement to Donner as I know that Donner has been played to the death.
Back to top Go down
nvr

PostSubject: Re: ausdod.com's questions   ausdod.com's questions EmptySat Mar 24, 2007 4:37 am

After my experiences playing a few CAL games on Thunder, I find that Donner is a superior version.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ausdod.com's questions   ausdod.com's questions Empty

Back to top Go down

ausdod.com's questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
|яωѕ» :: General Access :: DoD:S Tournament-
Jump to: