|яωѕ»
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tournament organisation?

Go down 
+3
Horace
Admin
Nightmare
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Nightmare
drill sgt.barrett
Nightmare

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2006-09-21

Tournament organisation? Empty
PostSubject: Tournament organisation?   Tournament organisation? EmptySun Jan 28, 2007 4:14 am

Hey guys just wondering how you will do the challenging system, steam ids, ladder ect?
Some of us older players remember MGL and how that really cocked up due to several teams exploiting the lack of rules and using sluts under false names.
Also if there is simply a word of mouth challenge system, ie not automated, then you will find that upon a loss quite often teams will claim that it was not a prac and not acctually official. This has happened b4........
Back to top Go down
Admin

Admin

Male Number of posts : 776
Registration date : 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Tournament organisation?   Tournament organisation? EmptySun Jan 28, 2007 4:17 am

The idea is to run it very simlar to how GA is run and work on a PHP based website that will be in the works. As for steam ID that should be registered as the ID that will be playing on the match night so it can be veriyfied before the game commences. (although Im not sure what really is going to happen as far as this goes.)
Back to top Go down
https://rws-dod.editboard.com/
Horace
"King of sarcasm"
Horace

Male Number of posts : 836
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Tournament organisation?   Tournament organisation? EmptySun Jan 28, 2007 1:23 pm

Yea, i want to con pongers into doing the website, but i will probably end up having to learn >Sad.
The idea is a php website, where players enter there steam id.
Also both captains will need to provide a ss or the console at end of every match to ensure no sluts etc.

The key is to pick up after mgls mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Talorc

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Tournament organisation?   Tournament organisation? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2007 6:10 am

Hey Guys

Good work with the comp. Let me know if you need a hand with anything as Im happy to help anything DODS comp related.

I have just been okay'd by hbj to post news on the ausdod site main page. When you have some more details you want to share with the community, give me a holla and Ill post it up for everyone to read.

woot woot GW
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

Male Number of posts : 594

PostSubject: Re: Tournament organisation?   Tournament organisation? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2007 7:54 am

Once I get all the teams decided I will make the ladder, i.e. UI vs SAW etc. I will just randomly choose the teams who play each other. Once the website is running each team will give me all their steam id's before the comp starts.

I want to have one person refereeing the match, therefore they can take the the steam ids of all the players and that person will match it up with what they entered.

Btw I have never experienced MGL's mistakes, I dont know of what happened with the comp.
Back to top Go down
Horace
"King of sarcasm"
Horace

PostSubject: Re: Tournament organisation?   Tournament organisation? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2007 9:05 am

Well to put it mildly.
A team had a certain player list, which they used, but they used sluts who aliased. After the match, there were about 3 new entries into their clan.
Back to top Go down
Black Thunder
Admin
Black Thunder

Male Number of posts : 594

PostSubject: Re: Tournament organisation?   Tournament organisation? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2007 10:01 am

Why does whoring matter? Is it because the 'whores' are better than the clan members?
Back to top Go down
Horace
"King of sarcasm"
Horace

PostSubject: Re: Tournament organisation?   Tournament organisation? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2007 10:58 am

Yea, they used deliverance i believe...
Back to top Go down
-€xodus-

-€xodus-

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2006-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Tournament organisation?   Tournament organisation? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2007 11:00 am

Whats wrong with whoreing? nothing in a match that doesnt mean anything, but really whats a clan doing if they dont play with their own members they might aswell join the sluts clan. mgl's fuck up was that fireup were good mates with myr and when you faced fireup you were pretty much faceing 2 fireup guys and 4 mrymadons. all of which are ping sluts who all play from icafes
Back to top Go down
Horace
"King of sarcasm"
Horace

PostSubject: Re: Tournament organisation?   Tournament organisation? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2007 11:20 am

Longest post i seen from you exodus.....
Back to top Go down
-€xodus-

-€xodus-

PostSubject: Re: Tournament organisation?   Tournament organisation? EmptySat Feb 03, 2007 11:26 am

i is getsing smarter tongue
Back to top Go down
BIRDY NUM NUMz
Admin
BIRDY NUM NUMz

Female Number of posts : 218

PostSubject: Re: Tournament organisation?   Tournament organisation? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2007 3:03 am

-€xodus- wrote:
i is getsing smarter tongue

Debatable Razz
Back to top Go down
-€xodus-

-€xodus-

PostSubject: Re: Tournament organisation?   Tournament organisation? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2007 8:47 am

Surprised maybe instead of admin below your name it should be big meanie!!

PeOw PeOw
Back to top Go down
BIRDY NUM NUMz
Admin
BIRDY NUM NUMz

Female Number of posts : 218

PostSubject: Re: Tournament organisation?   Tournament organisation? EmptyTue Feb 06, 2007 7:11 am

Oh poor widdle exodus Sad
Back to top Go down
Admin

Admin

Male Number of posts : 776

PostSubject: Re: Tournament organisation?   Tournament organisation? EmptyTue Feb 06, 2007 8:11 am

Sleep
Back to top Go down
https://rws-dod.editboard.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tournament organisation?   Tournament organisation? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tournament organisation?
Page 1 of 1